it’s time to…
MASTER SCREENPLAY SEQUENCES
“Master Screenplay Sequences” is one of only two screenwriting books available dedicated to sequences, and will revolutionize your understanding of structure by showing you how to break scripts down into manageable ten to fifteen-minute chunks, or “mini-movies.”
- Fully understand how to make conflict easier to create and escalate by utilizing sequences.
- Structure your entire script much more easily by breaking it down into 7 or 8 “mini movies” rather than big, long acts.
- Write your screenplays quicker and easier than ever before.
- Learn how to create “page turner” screenplays, just like the pros by using the highs and lows natural to sequence structure.
UNLIKE MOST SCREENWRITING BOOKS
OUR ONE INCLUDES…
1. A complete analysis of sequences missing from most screenwriting books and courses enabling you to step up to the level of pro regarding structure.
We fully explain how sequences work by breaking them down to show their inner workings —how they should be viewed as “mini-movies” with their own three-act structure and how they fit within the overall screenplay.
2. Breakdowns of 5 popular films demonstrating how sequences are applied by professional screenwriters in their screenplays.
We take a look at one movie in each of the major genres, showing how sequences are applied across all types of films, from Comedies to Horrors.
THE BOOK BREAKS DOWN
5 POPULAR MOVIES INTO SEQUENCES
So you can see exactly how they’re constructed.
ACTION/ADVENTURE: This is probably the most popular genre in Hollywood today. In our first analysis, we break the classic Raiders of the Lost Ark into sequences. See how the writer creates that “roller-coaster” effect by utilizing sequences based around the Ark changing hands.
DRAMA: For this section we demonstrate how even languid, “free-floating,” “arty” movies such as The Virgin Suicides, utilize sequences. If you’re writing a dialogue heavy Drama this is essential reading.
COMEDY: The hit movie Bridesmaids is under the microscope in our Comedy section. See how many of the sequences perfectly define the concept of “mini-movie” with each one setting up a clear goal for Annie in a different location — the dress fitting, the Vegas trip, etc.
THRILLER: In this section, we take a look at the stylish Michael Mann movie Collateral — a great example of the classic Thriller technique of placing an ordinary guy in extraordinary circumstances and turning him into a hero. At the end of Sequence F, Max is safe from Vincent; but he must then risk his life to save Annie.
HORROR: When is it okay to have twenty minutes at the beginning of a script of people having fun and not much happening? In a Horror, that’s when. As long as it’s followed by absolute carnage, as in this Australian chiller, Wolf Creek. Learn how sequences are used to great effect in Horror to pick off victims one by one…
WHO SHOULD BUY THIS SCREENPLAY BOOK?
Any screenwriter who wants to…
- Break their script into 7 or 8 manageable chunks making it easier to navigate that long, long 2nd act and easier to write overall.
- Get powerful and practical tools to truly master screenplay structure and take command of their story.
- Learn how sequences are self-contained “mini-movies” with 3 acts (segments) and 6 major plot points of their own.
- Make conflict easier to write by escalating tension toward sequence plot points instead of act plot points.
- Produce a tightly written screenplay that will win contests and attract the attention of agents, managers, and producers.
- Learn how everything fits together in a screenplay — how acts, sequences, segments and scenes all use the same plot points.
TIME TO GET STARTED?
Revolutionize your understanding of screenwriting structure by downloading our screenwriting book as a PDF, Mobi and ePub file right now for just $29
WE’VE HELPED HUNDREDS OF SCREENWRITERS
MASTER SCREENPLAY STRUCTURE
And now we’ve put all our years of knowledge into this book. It’s one of only two books on screenwriting available that focus solely on sequences.
- After learning and applying our sequence method, many of our writers have quickly gained representation with an agent or manager.
- Others have optioned or sold their first screenplay.
- Some have gone on to win or place in the top five of major screenwriting contests.
- Learn how to apply sequences to your screenplay and join the ranks of satisfied screenwriters.
The Truth Is This: If you want to make it as a screenwriter, a total knowledge of sequences and how they underpin three-act structure is essential. That’s why we decided to write this book, as we felt this crucial information is really absent from most books on screenwriting and courses.
It’s time to break free from the generic framework of three acts and only five major plot points. Learn from the breakdowns of five great films — one from each major genre — the true inner workings of screenplay structure and apply it to your own scripts.
GET STARTED NOW
Downloading our screenwriting book as a PDF, Mobi and ePub file right now for just $29
You will be taken to a 100% secure direct download area where you can pay quickly and easily by either Credit Card or PayPal and have our screenwriting book on your computer or phone in under a minute.
thanks for reading!
And don’t forget you can email us anytime — we’d love to answer any questions you might have about our screenwriting book.
Hire us to get your screenplay where you want it to be and get sold. Choose a screenplay coverage service and your own reader!FULL DETAILS